會用Mac OS, Office 軟體，email, 不同社交媒體
Taiwanese American Documentary Producer
seeks: One Producing Apprentice/Intern
I am an independent documentary producer with over 15 years of experience (www.dianachiawenlee.com)
I currently have 5, 6 projects in various stages of production
Projects currently take place in the US, Taiwan, China, Burma
I am looking for a Taipei based person who is interested in international co-production, documentary production, the documentary industry, and documentary development to join me and learn how to be a producer.
I welcome those who are already in the film industry but with limited experiences, college students, recent graduates, or grad students to get in touch.
- Research, collect and organize materials for projects
- Assist in developing work schedule, production schedule, and budget
- Organize and collect footage, trailers, samples, archival materials, etc
- Participate in production, including: brainstorming sessions, meetings, shoots, editing, post
- Assist with proposals, grants, letter of interests, etc.
- be willing to learn
- have and able to apply your imagination
- be able to think outside the box
- be willing to be challenged, and challenge the status quo
- has knowledge of English (at least to hold a conversations)
- has good communication skills
- be mature, a go-getter, and have a sense of responsibility
- be interested and passionate about documentary films
- be interested in various topics, such as: gender equality, women's rights, human rights, force relocation/demolition, politics, social justice, marginalized groups (including seniors, handicapped or the disadvantaged)
- know how to use Mac OS, Office environment, email, and social media
This is not a job! This is an apprenticeship, an opportunity to learn a craft
Therefore, our working relationship will be an ongoing one
I am looking for someone who is interested in investing time and effort to further his/her career in documentary film production
We can talk further about a mutually acceptable work schedule (you will have time and may continue to go to school or take on other work)
My goal is to nurture good producers in Taiwan in order to help increase the production value of Taiwanese documentaries, to establish a healthy documentary film industry, to strengthen the filmmaking environment, to raise the bar.
What you will gain is a great learning opportunity and environment, as well as practical production skills
While I cannot offer a salary, once we receive funding for my films, I will provide a modest stipend
If interested, please forward your CV and cover letter stating:
1) why you are interested in documentaries
2) why you are interested in this apprenticeship
3) what are your strengths and weaknesses?
4) what were the best/worst job you've had, why?
(do not provide your bio. please be concise and to the point, with the letter not exceeding 2 pages)
Please email the above to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Upon receipt of your information, if appropriate, I will contact you to set up a time for us to talk further.
**part of our meeting will be conducted in English in order for me to gage your English proficiency
Thank you for your interest and passion in documentary films. I look forward to the possibility of working with you one day!